Pages

Background

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Who made beauty beautiful?

Beauty.  Weird thing really.  Who decides something is beautiful?  Surely it is in the eye of the beholder?  Whoever said that hit the nail on the head.  I like to think, in as non cheesy way as possible, that everything holds beauty.  And why shouldn’t it?  Why is something being ugly such a negative connotation?  If we all liked the same things how boring would the world be?  If beauty only came in one form wouldn’t we all be chasing the impossible?  An object, person or anything can be made beautiful depending on how you choose to view it.

Which brings me to my blog.  Before I put finger to keypad I planned out how I wanted my blog to be.  Not in a ‘I will plan my posts week by week’ kind of way, but I wanted to really think about what type of blog I wanted, what topics I wanted to cover and with everything I wanted to write about, beauty is a recurring theme. 

I want to bring you reviews of my favourite and fabulous beauty products, I want to share with you my thoughts, dreams and achievements, I want to show you my projects, all of which I think show beauty.  Whether it is the latest product I am putting in my hair, to the flowers I am planting in my garden, everything contains beauty.  Sadly, we seem to live in a world full of negativity and people bringing each other down, whereas we should be celebrating each other and being positive.  What one person finds beautiful, another could find unattractive but sharing our outlook on life and having a difference in tastes and opinions is what makes us unique.  And isn’t that the most beautiful thing of all?

No comments:

Post a Comment